Today, the National Assembly adopted nine bills within the competence of the Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government, which constitute a continuation of the public administration reform with the goal of further professionalization and more efficient functioning of the administration for the benefit of all Serbian citizens.
“I am very glad that another set of laws has been adopted by the National Assembly”, said Branko Ružić, the Minister of PALSG, emphasizing that they were very important for the organisation of human resource management, because, as he said, civil servants were the driving force of the public administration reform, and it was necessary to ensure their adequate professional development.
He added that a system of competencies was being introduced (a set of knowledge, skills, characteristics, views and capabilities that a civil servant should possess), which is important for attracting and retaining good human resources by their introduction to work, evaluation, promotion, salary system, vocational training etc.
On the local level, rights and duties of provincial and local civil servants are regulated, and requirement for full professionalization and depoliticising of human resources are ensured.
He points out that supplements in the work of inspectorates helps achieve a better relationship between inspectors and businessmen, and that new mechanisms have been introduced for control and sanctions against those who knowingly break the law and jeopardise safety and health of our citizens. Hidden purchase will be a very interesting mechanism for inspectors, because it is conducted without previously notifying the operator, explains Ružić, adding that evidence is collected during such purchases, while the order for inspection is only shown after the purchase has been completed.
The novelties are as follows:
- Proposal of the Law amending and supplementing the Civil Servants Law
- Proposal of the Law amending and supplementing the Law on Salaries of Civil Servants and General Service Employees
- Proposal of the Law amending and supplementing the Law on Employees in the Autonomous Provinces and Local Self-government Units
- Proposal of the Law amending the Law on the Salaries of Civil Servants and General Service Employees in Autonomous Province Authorities and Local Self-Government Authorities
- Proposal of the Law amending the Law on Ceilings on the Number of Employees
- Proposal of the Law amending the Civil Servants Law
- Proposal of the Law amending the Law on the Salary System in the Public Sector
- Proposal of the Law amending the Law on Salaries in Public Agencies and other organisations founded by the Republic of Serbia, autonomous province or local self-government unit
- Proposal of the Law amending and supplementing the Law on Inspection Oversight