Under Exchange 5 Programme, the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SKGO) is organizing 12 regional workshops for support to towns, municipalities and city municipalities in programme and capital budgeting and preparation of 2019 budget decisions in the period from 18 September to 25 October 2018. These workshops are organized as part of the fifth phase of Exchange Programme, funded by the European Union, and implemented by the Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government in cooperation with SCTM. Workshop participants will be pointed out to improvements which have been identified as necessary for a more consistent and quality use of the budget classifications and the Instruction for programme budget preparation of the Ministry of Finance. In addition, as in the previous three cycles of programme budgeting, LSGUs will have at their disposal additional and instruction materials for preparing a budget decision, but also with regard to gender-responsive budgeting and development of citizen’s guides to decision on LSG’s budget. Also, within these workshops, the legal framework for planning public investments will be presented, which proposes significant novelties relating to the process of proposing capital projects, their preparation, evaluation and manner of inclusion in the budget, as well as of implementing and progress reporting, and at the same time, modalities of its application in LSGUs will be presented. In cooperation with the Public Policy Secretariat, the Law on Planning System will be also presented which will introduce significant novelties in LSGU’s planning processes, with its forthcoming coming into effect.
Workshops will be held in the following schedule:
- 18 September 2018, Novi Sad (Novi Sad City Assembly, assembly hall, No.2 Žarka Zrenjanina Street, starting at 11 am) for the following cities and municipalities: Novi Sad, Bač, Bački Petrovac, Beočin, Bečej, Vrbas , Srbobran, Temerin, Sremski Karlovci, Indjija, Irig, Ruma, Stara Pazova, Pećinci, Bačka Palanka, Titel and Žabalj. Deadline for application 14 September.
- 19 September 2018, Subotica (City Hall, Grand hall, 1 Trg Slobode Street, starting at 11 am) for the following cities and municipalities: Subotica, Bačka Topola, Mali Idjoš, Sombor, Apatin, Odžaci, Kula, Čoka , Novi Kneževac, Kanjiža, Senta and Ada. Deadline for application 14 September.
- 26 September 2018, Zrenjanin (City Hall, assembly hall, No.10 Trg Slobode Street, starting at 11 am) for the following cities and municipalities: Zrenjanin, Žitište, Nova Crnja, Novi Bečej, Sečanj, Kikinda, Plandište, Opovo , Kovačica, Alibunar, Vršac, Bela Crkva, Pančevo and Kovin. Deadline for application 21 September.
- 3 October 2018, Požarevac, for the following cities and municipalities: Smederevo, Smederevska Palanka, Velika Plana, Požarevac, Kostolac, Veliko Gradište, Golubac, Malo Crniće, Žabari, Petrovac na Mlavi, Kučevo and Žagubica.
- 4 October 2018, Zaječar, for the following cities and municipalities: Zaječar, Boljevac, Knjaževac, Sokobanja, Bor, Kladovo, Majdanpek and Negotin.
- 10 October 2018, Predejane (motel Predejane), for the following cities and municipalities: Vranje, Vranjska Banja, Vladičin Han, Surdulica, Bosilegrad, Trgovište, Bujanovac, Preševo, Leskovac, Bojnik, Lebane, Medvedja, Vlasotince and Crna Trava.
- 11 October 2018, Niš, for the following cities and municipalities: Niš, Medijana, Palilula, Pantelej, Crveni Krst, Niška Banja, Aleksinac, Svrljig, Merošina, Ražanj, Doljevac, Gadžin Han, Prokuplje, Blace, Kuršumlija, Žitoradja, Pirot, Bela Palanka, Babušnica and Dimitrovgrad.
- 17 October 2018, Čačak, for the following cities and municipalities: Užice, Sevojno, Bajina Bašta, Kosjerić, Požega, Čajetina, Arilje, Priboj, Nova Varoš, Prijepolje, Sjenica, Ivanjica, Lučani, Gornji Milanovac, Čačak, Lajkovac , Mionica and Ljig.
- 18 October 2018, Trstenik, for the following cities and municipalities: Kraljevo, Novi Pazar, Tutin, Raška, Vrnjačka Banja, Kruševac, Varvarin, Trstenik, Ćićevac, Aleksandrovac and Brus.
- 22 October 2018, Kragujevac, for the following cities and municipalities: Ćuprija, Paraćin, Despotovac, Kragujevac, Arandjelovac, Topola, Rača, Batočina, Knić, Lapovo, Jagodina, Svilajnac and Rekovac.
- 23 October, 2018, Belgrade, for the following cities and municipalities: Belgrade, Cukarica, Novi Beograd, Palilula, Rakovica, Savski venac, Stari grad, Voždovac, Vračar, Zemun, Zvezdara, Barajevo, Grocka, Lazarevac, Mladenovac, Obrenovac , Sopot and Surcin.
- 25 October 2018, Sremska Mitrovica, for the following cities and municipalities: Sremska Mitrovica, Šid, Valjevo, Šabac, Bogatić, Loznica, Vladimirci, Koceljeva, Mali Zvornik, Krupanj, Ljubovija, Osečina and Ub.
It is planned to cover 100 participants per workshop according to the following recommended distribution – 10 participants from towns and 5 participants from municipality/city municipality, but in case there is a need in a LSG for a greater number of participants, SCTM will try to enable it. Contact person for application is Nina Čehov, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 011 7357-941.