Preparation of the e-Government Development Programme for 2019-2022 has been underway since October 2018. The preparation process began with the adoption of the Operational Plan and the Programme Preparation Methodology by the Coordination Council for e-Government, which is in charge of coordinating the preparation of this document pursuant to the relevant decision of the Government of the Republic of Serbia. Preparation of the Programme is fully in line with the Law on the Planning System the Republic of Serbia and this is one of the first public policy documents developed in accordance with that Law.
The Programme provides for a number of measures and activities aimed at building public administration capacities for providing e-services to citizens and businesses, improving user experience with e-services and providing legal certainty to users.
The Working Group of the Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government tasked with preparing the Programme is composed of members from the following authorities:
- Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- Ministry of Finance;
- Government of the Republic of Serbia – Cabinet of the Prime Minister;
- Government of the Republic of Serbia – Office for Information Technologies and e-Government;
- Public Policy Secretariat;
- National Alliance for Local Economic Development (NALED).
The goals and objectives of the Programme are as follows:
- To develop efficient and user-centric governance in the digital setting
- To develop e-government infrastructure and ensure interoperability;
- To increase legal certainty of using e-government services;
- To improve accessibility of e-government to citizens and businesses through improved user services;
- To provide open data through e-government.
In accordance with the Law on the Planning System, the Working Group of the Ministry of Public Administration and Local Self-Government has cooperated with the Coordination Council on e-Government to compile the Report on Preparation of the e-Government Development Programme for 2019-2022.